Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hawks in Lambeau - Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hawks in Lambeau
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: the NFC is wide open. If New York was playing in Green Bay this weekend, I’d give them 50/50 odds to win. I think Seattle has the same chance. I guess Green Bay has a slight edge because they are playing at home, but I don’t see them as being any better than Seattle from a talent standpoint. Of course Favre is great and is having a great season, but we all know that he’s capable of having a crap-the-bed kind of day. He’s been known from time to time to throw some, shall we say “ill advised” passes. With the way the Seattle D is playing, I think that they can cause him to be a little sloppy. We’ll see. The key is the pass rush, if Kearney keeps playing like he’s avenging the death of his ancestors, then Seattle runs away with this game. I loved the pickup when it happened, but I had no idea that he would have this kind of crazy impact. He’s been amazingly good this year. Same goes for the defense generally. This is not the same team that lost to Chicago last year. Not by a long shot. What we really need is for Hasselbeck to play well. He was horrid for long stretches on Saturday. I’m one of the biggest Hasselbeck apologists out there, but he nearly cost them the game. He needs to hit receivers when they are open and not force things when they’re not. I also think that Weaver should figure into the gameplan a little more if for no other reason than it is cold and they may not be able to throw as much as they want to. Anyway, I’m really looking forward to the game; it should be a good one.

No comments:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories